Monday, August 31, 2009

10 languages!

My borther is very talented at learning different languages and he is always learning a new one. So today I decided to see how I was at it. I learned a greeting in 10 different languages. I found I was not good at it but that is okay! Now lets see if I can remember them all!

Spanish- Aola
Irish- Diaduit
Italian- Ciao
Malay- Apa Khabar
Korean- 안녕 = An nyoung
Japanese- Moshi or Konnichiwa
Scots Gaelic- Ciamar a tha thu
Hawaiian- Aloha
French- Bonjour
German- Halo

The hardest was definitely Scots Gaelic! It is really hard to pronounce and my brother is good at it so he speaks in it really fast. I hope that I can retain at least some of the hellos so I at least know something when I go to those places someday!
 

3 comments:

Emeraldstone said...

Wow that must have been difficult!

Unknown said...

I am so proud of you grandgirl.

Elizabeth Mahlou said...

The problem is not learning the 10 hello expressions, but knowing what to do when someone answers you! I am like your brother; I know lots of languages. Each gets easier than the last; that's how we do it. Now, what you need to do is find people who speak these languages so that you can practice and grow!