Sunday, December 13, 2009

Record Bowls

Today I learned how to make bowls out of old records. First we went to the thrift store and picked out ones with cool paper around the inner ring. My favourite one was blue and said "Epic" in rainbow letters. Another good one had a caterpillar on it! To make it so you can shape the records you have put them in the oven. I had trouble deciding at the right time to take it out because it is bad to under or over cook it. Then I shaped it around a bowl while it was all flimsy and it dries really fast. On mine I made a big bowl out of regular sized records and then a small one out of those tiny looking records. I put the small one on the bottom of the big one facing the oposite direction so it is like a stand for it. I will post pictures of my creation soon!

No comments: