Saturday, October 24, 2009

Blind

Today I found out how scary it would be to be blind. I blind folded myself well enough that I couldn't even see light and I set out to walk around my house and do basic things like washing my hands. I was really scared. When I stared out it was easy because I just followed the wall out of my room. After awhile it became scary because I didn't really know where I was and the darkness just got to me. At one point I had let go of my support thinking I could just walk straight to the wall and I got lost. It is weird to think of yourself lost in your own house but I didn't know where I was. When I realized that I was lost my stomach dropped. It scared me really bad. I just had to walk around until I found something to hold on too. It made me realize how hard it would be to be blind and be in a new place. I got lost in my own house so onces I found something I could figure out where I was but if you were somewhere new this would be VERY scary. I really realized some of the difficulties of being handicapped.

No comments: