Monday, November 9, 2009

Burning Iodine

Today we were doing a flame test in my chemistry class. Now I have done that before but today we were burnign really cool stuff and I just had to share it. My favourite thing that we burned was iodine. It smokes this really cool purple colour like this...

This picture is not from my lab but it is the same element. Isn't that sooooo cool. I was very impressed with it! I spent about 30 min trying to figure out what element it was (the point of the lab was to identify them) I was so excited that I was able to figure aout what element it was so I could search the picture for all of you. I know I probably sound like a science geek, but that is only fair since I am one!

2 comments:

Dr. T.L. Sanderfer said...

I remember those days. I liked burning copper. It has a beautiful greenish color. Stay away from the sulphur (pew!).

Alyssa said...

Copper is so cool! I think my chemistry teacher has Sulfur plan next OH NO! :P Thanks for following my blog!